Friday, January 17, 2014

Jumping on the Starburst Bandwagon...

Well I attempted to make a starburst card the other night after seeing TONS of beautiful cards using the effect. I watched tutorials on youtube and it all seemed so easy....until I tried it. For some reason I couldn't get anything to go right with this. I think I need a better paper cutter that I can easily move and turn my paper in. I have one that came with the Your Story bundle that really isn't all that great but serves its purpose. Any way, I did finally finish it after working on it for a couple of days. I am still not happy with it but I think if I did anything more to it would just end up looking worse. I am hoping that after a few days I will come back to look at it and like it. If not it can sit in my box of card rejects for awhile. On to the card!



I had to flip the starburst upside down because it just ended up looking weird the other way. Then I had issues with width so I trimmed down the sides. I used a spellbinder for the circle and smacked a LOVE sticker on it. Added some bling and then punched the corners. I stuck this onto a hot pink piece of cardstock that I embossed with my cuddlebug. That then went onto a pale pink base. Sometimes you just have to walk away and that's what I did. I havent completely given up on starburst cards though. I definitely think it will just take some more practice!

Personally things have gotten very exciting as I have been accepted into the Advanced Standing Program for my MSW and a job prospect had come my way. One of my resolutions is to make time for myself though so I will be sure to take time to craft and hopefully keep this thing going. Fingers crossed anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my posts! I truly appreciate it!