Sunday, June 29, 2014

Retirement Card and Easel Card File

Happy Sunday! Today I made a cute little easel card for my friends retirement party. I made mine a little different than the typical easel card but I think it still came out fun. Easel cards are probably one of the easiest cards to make. You simply make a regular card then make a "face plate" for the front. I designed my card to be slightly under 6x6. I then made my face plate the same size but cut it in half so my image stood out on it's own. If you prefer the entire front to be sticking up then just make it the same. You can also do this by using shapes welded onto your square/rectangle.








For this one I wanted to do a chair with a cat. My friend loves her cat and after working for over 30+ years she deserves to take a moment and relax with her cat Max. The image comes from the country life cart. The writing on the front is from Creative Memories Tiny Treasure and the inside font is Teresa Collins Soiree. Once again my explore made the writing come out beautifully. I embossed the front of my card (not the face plate) using swiss dots. I then scored the front of my card in the center. I attached my face plate with the writing on it to the bottom half of the card and then my image. Inside I cut a simple scalloped oval and wrote my greeting. That piece is what holds the easel up. I embellished it a bit and really enjoy how it came out. The file for this card is located below! Happy Crafting!
Gina

https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/18479899

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, the card is very cute. Thank you for the cut file, but when I tried to cut it, it said "this file is not available for purchase yet". Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I think of is that you don't have one of the cuts? My guess would be the font I used. It came with my explore. Maybe try another one?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my posts! I truly appreciate it!