Sunday, July 6, 2014

Cutting a Photo

So I have seen multiple people using their Explore to cut JPGs and other photo types. I was referred to stencilgram.com, a website that will turn any photo into a stencil AND let you save it as a SVG! Brilliant! I had to try it out so I picked a random photo and uploaded it onto the website. Easy as pie. It allows you to adjust the "stencil" so you can get it just as you would like it. Then after saving it as an SVG  I uploaded it into Design Space. I simply cut it out of vinyl and after some weeding adhered it to a canvas. Fun little tip, I I put a border around mine so it made the weeding WAY easy. All those white areas  along the edge peeled off when I pulled off the border. The only weeding I had to do was in the middle. For my next one I plan on painting the canvas to do a more layered effect. I just love this machine. It seems like the possibilities are endless with it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Love this project and am currently attempting my own (different picture obviously!) :)

    Anyway - although I get a prompt on screen to 'adjust' neither of the options (balance or border width) move at all. I was just wondering what browser you use? (I've tried in Chrome and IE - but can't adjust in either.)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! I used Chrome and it worked fine. Sorry it's not working for you.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very weird!! Thanks a lot for replying (and the inspriation!)
    -- I'll try on Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Thanks for the tips!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my posts! I truly appreciate it!